Virtual Hiring 101:
Introduction to Hosting your Online Career Fair
It’s 2021 and there’s no getting around the fact that virtual events are here to stay.
Join us as we break down the basics of getting your virtual hiring event off the ground.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
As with any project, research is a must. There are many options when it comes to virtual platforms for a professional online hiring event, and it’s important to make an educated decision for you and your company when working with one.
To get the most ROI for your company, take time to set up a demo with each platform that catches your eye. After Googling “Virtual Career Fair Platforms” and clicking on the top results, determine whether the platform warrants a demo. Ask yourself how you first felt when you landed on their homepage. Set up demos with platforms whose look and feel aligns with your company’s. In the end, you’ll end up using their support and working closely with them, so you want to make sure you work well together.
2. Ask Questions
Here are some questions you should ask each platforms when deciding which platform to go with for your event:
- Who will set up and customize my event? Does the platform offer setup assistance or will an employee in the company be responsible?
- What type of support do you offer during an event?
- How long does it take to plan my event from signing on with you to the day of?
- How do the booths work on your platform?
- What do the visuals look like on the screen?
- How is jobseekers experience? Is it simple to navigate?
- How long does an event typically last?
- Do you offer assistance with marketing? (That’s where Job Fairs In comes in! Promote your event on our website with an ad Contact us for more information.)
- And of course, pricing. What are the costs? Do you get an annual license? What is the duration of membership?
Now that you’ve decided who you’ll be working with, it’s time to create your job fair. Depending on the platform you’re working with, the needs of how to customize your hiring event and your booth vary.
Just as with any brand cohesiveness, come up with some guidelines on how you’ll want to market this event and how your virtual space will look. You should use your brand colors, font and typography, banners should be easy to read and not crowded. If you use images, be diverse. You want everyone to feel welcome to your event.
5. Hire Talent
Make sure you have the staff you’ll need on hand. Follow up with jobseekers and get roles filled quickly and thoroughly.
Ready to get started with your first virtual career fair? Click here.