(Virtual Hiring Event) Traffic Control Flagger – Lancaster, PA
December 5, 2022 @ 10:00 am - December 9, 2022 @ 5:00 pm EST
*The CMS hiring event will run December 5th 2022 through December 9th 2022, from 10:00am to 5:00pm each day. Once you apply, you will be emailed by our recruiter with a link to the hiring event & additional instructions.*
Construction Masters Services
Here at CMS, we offer traffic control services dedicated to keeping workers, motor vehicles and pedestrians safe during all projects.
Our highly trained crews ensure safe work zones while simultaneously instituting the most effective traffic patterns to maintain traffic flow throughout the area.
Well versed in the latest PennDOT regulations and safety measures, our team is ready to provide our traffic control services to contractors, utility companies and boroughs.
- Family Oriented!
- Great Pay and Benefits!
- Room For Advancement!
- Minimal Experience Required!!
- On the Job Training!
The Flagger’s responsibilities include informing motorists of possible detour routes, reporting disobedient drivers to law enforcement officials, answering motorists’ questions, and keeping all members of our construction crews safe.
- Entry level
- Monday – Friday
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Use hand signals and direction signs to direct traffic around road construction sites.
- Communicate with other flaggers using hand-held radios to direct two-way traffic onto a single lane.
- Inform the construction crew of any traffic issues that may affect their safety.
- Appropriately position warning and detour signs around construction sites.
- Set up barricades and traffic cones along construction sites.
- Remove all signs, barricades, and traffic cones upon completion of construction work.
- Record the license plate numbers of motorists who neglect to obey traffic signs and directions.
- Complete daily paperwork detailing hours worked, location and materials used.
- Perform weekly inventory on flagging and safety equipment.
Education, Skills and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- No experience Needed (Entry level position)
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional observation skills
- Effective communication skills
- Valid PA Driver’s License
- High School Diploma or GED Preferred
- ATSS Certificate preferred
- Knowledge of Publication 213 preferred
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to work in harsh weather conditions
- Availability to work 10+ hours per day
- Availability for on-call emergency hours
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Weekly Pay
- Pay rate: $16 – $19 per hour
- $10/week medical insurance
- Vision & dental insurance
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Short-term & long-term disability
- Referral Bonus
- Paid Training