thru 1/21/2022 – Bus Driver Hiring Event [Albuquerque NM]
December 29, 2021 - January 21, 2022
- High school graduation or the equivalent in education, training and experience.
- Possession of a valid State driving license with appropriate designation and
- other certification required to operate district vehicles
- Knowledge of accident prevention/safe driving and bus operations practices, methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of routing and local area/streets
- Knowledge and possession of First Aid/CPR certification where required by State/District/Regulations.
- Knowledge of School District bus transportation policies and procedures.
- Must be able to meet physical and medical requirements such as criminal background search and ability to meet the requirements of U.S. Department of Transportation Drug and Alcohol Regulations (e.g. pre-employment, post-accident, random and reasonable suspicion testing).
- Must satisfactorily complete and pass all training and attend safety meetings and in-service meetings as required.
- Knowledge and experience in providing excellent customer services e.g. build/maintain good customer relations, use safe driving and accident prevention practices and respond courteously to client complaints.
- Knowledge of mechanical aspects of bus transportation to assess maintenance problems and work collaboratively with Route Operations/Events and Maintenance to resolve them.
- Good knowledge of routes and schools in specified area of responsibility to ensure compliance with bus schedules and identify alternative routes in response to emergency/unplanned situations.
- Professional attitude and appearance and exercises tact and diplomacy in dealing with students, parents and all school district personnel.
- Prefer commercial driving experience with a solid safety record, preferably in the bus transportation industry. However, candidates with no commercial driving experience will be considered.