- This event has passed.
School Bus Driver
May 24, 2022 - June 24, 2022
The Pine School Opportunity Profile
Hobe Sound, Florida
School Bus Driver (CDL Class A, B, C or Passenger Endorsement)
Position Commences: Immediately
The Pine School is seeking a proactive, positive, and passionate person to join our Transportation
The Pine School is searching for a safety minded, reliable school bus driver to transport students to and
from school as well as sports and field trips in support of the K -12 School’s Mission. The position requires
a positive attitude, is full-time year-round with a comprehensive benefits package and is located on our
beautiful 142 acre campus in Hobe Sound.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Responsible for the safe pick up and drop off of K -12 students in 2 -3 designated parking locations.
No highway, street or traffic loading/unloading points.
● CDL Class A, B or C with passenger and school bus endorsement (passenger endorsement only
OK). School is willing to help obtain a CDL for the right candidate and commitment.
● Current DOT medical card. School pays for medical exam & renewal every other year as required.
● First aid and CPR certification or willing to obtain (provided by the School).
● Assist with custodial and maintenance projects over School and summer breaks to maintain full-time
● And any other duties needed to help drive to our Vision, fulfill our Mission, and abide by our
● Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral communication).
● Ability and willingness to work well with others.
● Ability and desire to learn.
● Ability to work with limited supervision in a team environment.
● Ability to comply with Company policy, procedures and Code of Conduct.
● Ability to identify and communicate situations/problems to Management.
● Ability to portray a professional appearance and mannerism.
● Ability to attend required training.
● Ability to provide outstanding customer service.
● Ability and willingness to work safely in all weather conditions and/or locales.
● Basic mathematical skill.
● General mechanical aptitude.
Hours and Compensation
● 35-40 hrs per week: Monday – Friday (hours may vary based on driving needs)
● Some overtime may be available.
● Salary commensurate with experience.
● School lunch provided daily on school days.
The Pine School offers a complete benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k)
plan with a generous match; paid term life and disability insurance; supplemental insurance plans; and
flexible spending account, vacation and PTO; and more.
The Pine School is an independent college preparatory school educating students in Kindergarten through
12th Grade. We promote academic, artistic and athletic excellence in a close-knit learning environment that
extends from the classroom to our expansive natural campus and beyond. Our challenging curriculum
cultivates intellectual curiosity and honors each student’s voice as we strive for inclusivity. From a strong
sense of community and connection, The Pine School students become inspired and prepared to navigate a
complex and changing world.
Statement of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access
We at The Pine School are committed to continuous growth by examining and learning from diverse
perspectives as an active, necessary pursuit. We encourage the respectful expression of different life
experiences, thoughts, and opinions and cultivate an atmosphere in which thoughtful dialogue can flourish.
We recognize and appreciate all abilities, colors, family structures, gender identities, national or ethnic
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Pine School is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. It is Pine’s policy to
provide equal employment opportunities and administer terms and conditions of employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local
Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check & drug test.
Note: These position descriptions have been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work to be
performed by employees within each classification. These position descriptions should not be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required or assigned to an employee in each
position. Nothing contained in these position descriptions restricts Pine’s’ right to assign or reassign duties
and responsibilities to any position at any time.
The Pine School Inc
Hobe Sound, FL