- This event has passed.
May 14, 2022 - March 22, 2023
Embark on a career opportunity as a Psychiatrist with the VA Eastern Kansas Health Care System at our St Joseph MO CBOC.
You may be expected to travel to the Leavenworth VA Medical Center as needed.
Eastern Kansas Health Care System is a complexity 2 facility and has robust inpatient and outpatient treatment programs, acute psychiatry/mental health rehab beds and three community living centers. We offer comprehensive outpatient physical medicine and rehab, mental health and geriatrics.
THIS JOB IS OPEN TO
U.S. Citizens, Nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
Applicants pending the completion of educational or certification/licensure requirements may be referred and tentatively selected but may not be hired until all requirements are met.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Education: Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- License: Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Residency: Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Preferred Experience: Clinical experience in psychiatry. Board eligibility/Board Certification in Psychiatry.
References: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements: Heavy lifting (35 lbs. and over); reaching above shoulder; use of fingers; walking (3 hours per day); standing (6 hours per day); kneeling (2 hours per day); both legs required; ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; near vision correctable at 13″ to 16″; far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other; ability to distinguish basic colors; hearing (aid permitted).
Open & closing dates
03/23/2022 to 03/22/2023
$270,000 – $290,000 per year