May 14, 2022 - December 31, 2022
Position is located at the Chinle Comprehensive Health Care Facility (CCHCF), Physical Rehabilitation Services’ Occupational Therapy Program, Chinle, AZ with a full range of outpatient services that serve a population of approx. 37,000 Native Americans within service unit area. The primary purpose of this position is to provide direct occupational therapy evaluation and treatment, and the majority of the OT caseload is outpatient, adult orthopedic and physical disability.
Open & closing dates
01/21/2022 to 12/31/2022
$66,214 – $103,176 per year
This position is being announced concurrently under Excepted Service/Merit Promotion procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number IHS-22-CH-11336763-ESEP/MP; for eligibility requirements.
- Performs a wide range of occupational therapy duties including evaluation and therapeutic intervention;
- Utilizes evaluation techniques through standardized and clinically accepted practices;
- Primary emphasis is on acute and chronic conditions of elbow-wrist-hand;
- Caseload is primarily hand therapy including complex post-operative and post-trauma patients; custom orthosis fabrication as needed.
- Develops goal-oriented treatment plans;
- Applies therapeutic modalities and integrative techniques for evaluation and on-going treatment;
- Provides orientation on occupational therapy for hospital staff and community;
- Participates in providing consultation services on patient management, discharge, special equipment needs.