- This event has passed.
New York Career Fair – Powered by GIA
March 13, 2023 @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pm EDT
Attend one of the largest in-person recruiting events focused specifically on jobs in the gem and jewelry industry. Attendees will be able to meet directly with recruiters from brands such as Tiffany & Co., Harry Winston, Brilliant Earth, Diamonds Direct, DeBeers Group and more. Positions are available at various experience levels in buying, social media, gemology, bench jeweling, jewelry design, marketing, sales, IT and beyond. Participants can also sign up for one-on-one career coaching.
The event starts with keynote speaker Jordan Harbinger, a talk-show host whose dynamic expertise landed The Jordan Harbinger Show as Apple Podcast’s “Best of 2018.” During the State of the Industry panel, gem and jewelry leaders will cover hot topics and trends. Get real-life insights from Marty Hurwitz, CEO and founder of THE MVEye; Johanna Levy, vice president of environmental, social and governance (ESG) programs at GIA; and a third panelist who will be announced soon.
• Date: Monday, March 13, 2023
• Time: 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. ET
• Location: Jacob K. Javits Convention Center New York
• Admission: FREE
• Learn more and register: https://www.gia.edu/career-
Day at a Glance
Attendees will have the opportunity to:
•Learn from opening panel of gem and jewelry industry leaders.
•Meet with recruiters promoting open job positions.
•Consult with a career coach from a variety of industry sectors and profession.
•Network with representative of prominent gem and jewelry companies, industry professionals, GIA New York staff and other attendees.
9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
• Sign up for Career Coaching appointment
9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Meet with Industry Organizations
10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
o Kimberly Overlin – Dean of Students, GIA
o Richard Pesqueira – Vice President of Business
Development in North America and Brands, GIA
• Keynote Speaker: Jordan Harbinger – Host of the The Jordan Harbinger Show Podcast and social dynamics expert.
11:00 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. Snack and Stretch Break
11:15 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. State of Industry Panel
• Johanna Levy – Vice President of Environmental, Social and Governance Programs, GIA
• Marty Hurwitz – CEO and Founder, THE MVEye
• Additional Panelist – To Be Announced
12:30 p.m. Snack and Stretch Break
12:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Meet with Recruiters
12:45 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Career Coaching
• Make appointments between 9:30 a.m. – 10:00 & 12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
3:30 p.m. Career Fair Concludes