- This event has passed.
LPN Job Fair
November 14, 2022 @ 9:00 am - November 18, 2022 @ 5:00 pm CST
Hiring needs are:
FT, PT, PRN Licensed Practical Nurse
The primary purpose of this position is to provide direct nursing care and support to the residents in
accordance with our company’s established policies, nursing procedures and team standards, and to
supervise the day-to-day nursing activities performed by nursing assistants. Such supervision must be in
accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our
facility, and as may be required by the Director of Nursing to ensure the highest degree of quality care is
maintained at all times.
• Directs the day-to-day functions of the nursing assistants in accordance with current rules,
regulations, and guidelines that govern the long-term care facility. Ensures the work assignments
are developed and completed, and that all nursing personnel comply with the written policies and
procedures established by this facility. Creates and maintains an atmosphere of warmth, personal
interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment through the unit and shift.
• Administers medications and performs treatments and nursing procedures according to
established policies and procedures and nursing standards of care and ensures that all
physician/consultant orders and changes to orders are followed. Ensures that narcotic records
are accurate for the shift and notifies the Nursing Supervisor of all drug and narcotic
• Monitors the activities of daily living of residents in relation to the normal aging and/or disease
process through assessments of mental status, physical condition and psychological well-being.
Encourages residents to participate in and coordinates and adjusts schedules to ensure that
residents can attend church services and activities.
• Charts nurses’ notes in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to
the resident and that the care plan is being followed, as well as the residents’ response to the
care and ensures that all entries are signed and dated. Performs other administrative duties such
as completing medical forms, evaluations, studies, reports, etc. and any required filing. Reports
all discrepancies noted concerning physician’s orders, diet change, charting error, etc., to the
Director of Nursing.
• Ensures that there is an adequate quantity of supplies readily available to personnel and that the
assigned work areas, resident care rooms, treatment areas and common areas are maintained in
a clean, safe and sanitary manner.
• Communicates with assigned staff in planning the shifts services, programs and activities and in
changes in resident care plans, diet changes, etc.
• Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university, or be a
graduate of an approved LPN/LVN training program and possess a current, unencumbered,
active license to practice as an LPN in our state.
• Prior experience in a hospital, skilled nursing care facility, or other related medical facility.
• Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and, at times,
hostile people within the facility.
• Must function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work
effectively with residents, personnel, and support agencies.
• Must have the ability, with or without reasonable accommodation, to lift, push, pull of move 50 lbs
on a regular basis and 100 lbs occasionally.
Risk Exposure Factor
It is highly likely that while performing functions assigned to this position, you will be exposed to blood or