- This event has passed.
Flight Attendant Trainee Italian and English Bilingual [Phoenix, AZ]
May 21, 2022 - June 13, 2022
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
American Airlines serves the travel needs of our customers, both domestically and abroad as we care for people on life’s journey. We are looking for individuals who are reliable, resilient, customer focused and professional. Listening, taking initiative and making a difference, our Flight Attendants are champions for an elevated customer experience. They deliver the best service as ambassadors in the skies and are dedicated to caring for the thousands of people who choose to fly with us.
What you’ll do:
- Set a high standard and provide remarkable in-flight service
- Able to turn challenges into solutions or alternatives
- Think independently while still being part of a collaborative team
- Handle a wide variety of situations while in continuous contact with the public, both on and off the aircraft
- Work independently and as part of a team without supervision
- Ensure the safety and comfort of our customers
- Respond to a variety of emergency and non-emergency situations
- Follow applicable regulations and work rules
Physical Demands, Expectations and Working Conditions:
- Position requires some physical exertion, such as pulling, pushing, reaching, bending, walking and lifting
- Long periods of standing and speaking
- Airport ramp operations are noisy and can be hazardous without due caution
- Extensive travel, must be able to spend consecutive nights away from home and endure all climates
- Varying work schedules that include evenings and weekends
- Skilled in handling difficult situations, problem solving, complaint resolution and conflict de-escalation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; provide friendly reception to all customers
- Must be able to professionally represent the American Airlines brand while in the Flight Attendant uniform.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- College education or two years’ customer service experience preferred
- Must be able to make announcements, give emergency orders, and communicate in the English language
- Must be at least 20 years of age
- Must be in possession of a valid U.S. or Foreign Passport with applicable VISAs
- Must possess the legal right to travel unrestricted to/from all states and countries that are served by American Airlines
- Travel documents must remain valid throughout all phases of training and employment
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
- Able to attend up to 6 1/2 weeks of unpaid training in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas, and, if employed, move immediately to the city to which you are assigned as a base
- Able to be on call and available to report for duty in your assigned base (reserve duty). Reserve duty may continue for an undetermined amount of years.
All candidates must be willing to be based from any of our base locations including:
- BOS (Boston, MA)
- ORD (Chicago, IL)
- DFW (Dallas-Fort Worth, TX)
- LAX (Los Angeles, CA)
- MIA (Miami, FL)
- CLT (Charlotte, NC)
- SFO (San Francisco, CA)
- JFK/LGA (New York City, NY)
- DCA (Washington, DC)
- PHL (Philadelphia, PA)
- PHX (Phoenix, AZ)
To be eligible for a designated language speaker Flight Attendant position, you must:
- Be fluent in the Italian language or another designated language
- Successfully complete a language proficiency screening at a superior rating
What does ‘fluent’ mean?
- Speaks the language with proper syntax and grammar structures, including complex verb structures and tenses, and proper agreement of tenses such as noun/pronoun, adjective agreement, etc.
- Ability to comprehend up-to-date/new expressions and cultural nuances
- Ability to tailor a message appropriately to the context (social, situational, or emergency)
- Displays a broad range of vocabulary and appropriate references
- Can read the language at an appropriate pace
Benefits of being a designated language speaker Flight Attendant include:
- Premium pay
- Opportunity to travel more often to destinations where your second language is spoken
- Must be able to read and speak Italian fluently
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
*This document is provided for demonstrative purposes and not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and expectations.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Trainee, Flight Attendant, Entry Level, Aviation