Application Instructions: United States Census: Field Representative [positions in NY]
August 7, 2021 - December 31, 2021
CLOSING DATE: December 31, 2021
SALARY RANGE: GG-0303-05: $18.82 – $25.38 per hour
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: Few
DUTY LOCATION: Applicants who are selected for employment will work out of their home as their duty Station and will be required to travel throughout their local area on a routine basis. See Area of Consideration for a detailed Information.
WHO MAY APPLY: External- All U.S. Citizens. Must have a physical residence within the area of consideration listed below when appointed. Proof of residency must be established prior to time of appointment.
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: The full promotion potential for this position is to the Grade 5
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: Applications will be accepted from all sources within the following geographic area(s):
- New York City and Lower Westchester
- FSA 7151 – SW Queens – Staten Island
- FSA 7152 – NW Queens – La Guardia
- FSA 7153 – Queens – Flushing – Jamaica
- FSA 7251 – SW Brooklyn – Bensonhurst
- FSA 7252 – SE Brooklyn – Jamaica Bay
- FSA 7253 – NE Brooklyn – Broadway Junction
- FSA 7254 – NW Brooklyn – Prospect Park
- FSA 7255 – Lower Manhattan
- FSA 7256 – Upper Manhattan
- FSA 7351 – SW Bronx
- FSA 7352 – Central and East Bronx
- FSA 7353 – NW Bronx – Lower Westchester
HOW TO APPLY: Interested applicants may apply by completing the following:
- A Census Employment Inquiry (BC-170)
- Additional Applicant Information (BC-171)
- Assessment (BC-172)
Applicants should reach out to the Regional Office in order to receive an application package containing the three forms listed above. The three forms should be filled out in their entirety and mailed back to the Regional Office using the pre-postmarked envelope included in the application package.
Contact the Regional Office at [email protected] to request an application package. Completed application packages must be submitted to:
Bureau of the Census
NEW YORK Regional Office
32 OLD SLIP 9th floor
New York, NY 10005
For more information on this vacancy, call Recruiting at 212-584-3495.