- This event has passed.
7/27/2022 – City Year Virtual Hiring Event [nationwide search]
July 27, 2022 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm EDT
Every year, City Year hires over 3,000 18 to 25 year olds like you, who complete 11 months of full-time service in America’s public schools. You select one of our 29 urban sites, where you work on a diverse team of City Year AmeriCorps members. Together your team provides research-based student, classroom, and school-wide support to help students stay in school and on track to graduate from high school; ready for college and career success. You’ll work with 3rd through 9th graders as a Near-Peer Mentor, Success Coach, and Tutor. You’re a Change Agent, because City Year asks you to make a significant impact in the lives of kids, their school, and their community. You’re a Child Advocate who makes an 11-month investment in children, and then City Year turns around and makes an educational investment in YOU!
What can City Year offer YOU? If you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident… as a full-time City Year AmeriCorps member who is 18 to 25 years old, you will receive:
- Bi-weekly living stipend and post-service Segal Education Award ($6,195)
- Option to enroll in City Year AmeriCorps member health insurance plan
- Loan forbearance on qualifying student loans during your service year
- $500 (pre-tax) relocation payment in your first service month, if relocating 50 miles or more
- Uniform provided by ARAMARK – polo-style shirts, t-shirts, pullover, sweater, and your Red Jacket (Yellow in LA)
- Exclusive undergraduate and graduate school scholarships to over 120 colleges and universities
- Networking, professional development, and leadership training
- Childcare for parents who qualify …check out all our benefits and resources online!
Tips for City Year Applicants:
- Connect with a City Year recruiter. Recruiters are here to answer all of your questions.
- Did you run out of time to visit our chat room today? Complete this interest form– then you will receive an email to schedule a phone chat with a City Year recruiter.
- When filling out your City Year application – be sure to highlight your leadership roles, volunteer time with school age children, and team experience in all types of settings. You don’t need to have any experience, because we will train and equip you for this position and your future career.
- Select your professional reference. A reference can be a current or previous employer, volunteer supervisor, teacher, professor, coach, counselor or academic advisor. When you submit your application, let them know they’ll receive a City Year email with a link to complete their recommendation for you online.
- Your application is your first impression, so make it as amazing and memorable as you are! Before you hit submit, proofread it! Review each section a couple of times. Read your short answers out loud, check for spelling, word choice, grammar, and content. Our application doesn’t spell or grammar check; so, type your answers in Word and paste them into your application.