- This event has passed.
6/15/2022 – Summer Hiring Celebration In-Person Event: Housekeeping
June 15, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm EDT
Visit the Walt Disney World Casting Center for our Summer Hiring Celebration! Come meet our Recruiters to learn more about the dynamic teams that provide unparalleled resort stay experiences for our guests! This event is open to the public and will focus on finding talent for various roles in our parks & resorts. Qualified candidates will have the opportunity to apply and interview on site! Some candidates may even be hired on-the-spot!
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to learn more about what it’s like to make unforgettable memories for our Guests!
Candidates are encouraged to apply online prior to the event, however computers will be available at the event to complete applications and Walk-in’s are welcome.
Housekeeping Cast Members receive a starting rate of $17.00/hourly.
Full Time and Part Time* Opportunities are available
*Part Time opportunities require 2 to 3 days of full availability
LIMITED TIME $1,000 HIRING BONUS ONLY AVAILABLE UNTIL July 2, 2022
$1000 Hiring Bonus (First payment after 90 days = $250 and Second payment after 150 days = $750)
To be eligible for the sign-on bonus, cast members must be in the position continuously for at least 90 days after hire and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at time of payment. A cast member is hired after the successful completion of Disney Traditions or one full day of employment. To be eligible for an incentive bonus after 150 days, cast members must remain employed in the position continuously for at least 150 days and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at the time of payment. Payments will be made approximately two weeks after the 90 and 150-day milestones, respectively. Bonus payments are subject to applicable taxes and other legal withholding. Disputes concerning eligibility to a bonus payment shall be resolved by Walt Disney World Recruitment in its sole and absolute discretion. The incentives offered herein are subject to change at any time, with or without notice. Cast Members hired prior to February 27, 2022 or after July 2, 2022 will not be eligible for an incentive award.
With our Disney Aspire program, eligible hourly Cast Members receive 100% of tuition paid upfront for partner institutions!
When: The Walt Disney World Casting Center will be open on the following Wednesdays from 9am-4pm
Where: Walt Disney World Casting Center
1515 E. Buena Vista DR
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
• To reduce wait time, it is strongly encouraged that you apply in advance
• Walk-in’s are Welcome
• Process may take up to three hours to complete
Parking: Please park in the Grapefruit Garage (located next to the Walt Disney World Casting Building) on the third floor. Use the pedestrian bridge to make your way to our building.
Please note: If you are not able to attend our in-person job fair, no worries! Please click on the link below to apply for the role in your area of interest and attend a virtual interview offered 6 days a week!
*If on the day of the job fair you feel sick or have any symptoms of COVID-19, we ask that you stay at home and call us at 844-559-2278, Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST to reschedule your interview.
- Clean Guest rooms by making bed(s), vacuuming, emptying trash, wiping down keyboards, televisions, alarm clocks, telephones, and dusting all surfaces
- Clean bathrooms by scrubbing basins, bathtubs, shower walls and doors, toilets, and tile floors with proper chemicals when applicable
- Transporting cart with cleaning supplies, amenities and linens to assigned Guest rooms. Maintain cleanliness of work areas and carts
- Replenish all Guest amenities such as soaps and tissues
- Clean windows, mirrors, glass table tops
- Obtain necessary cleaning supplies from supply room
- Report unusual room conditions or rooms in need of repair
- Operate a SmartPhone device to access Guest room assignments and submit work orders
- Work in outdoor settings during various weather conditions
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required
- Cast Members will be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Complete tasks with proper use of equipment, tools or systems related to performance of assigned responsibilities
- Must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role
- Physical role requiring heavy lifting, pushing, pulling, bending twisting, and kneeling
- Written and verbal communications skills
- Full-Time requires full availability for any shift, any day, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Part-Time opportunities require 2 to 3 days of full availability
- Demonstrate good judgment and decision-making skills
- Perform all job responsibilities safely using personal protective equipment
- Comply with all department policies/procedures and service guarantees
- Prolonged standing and walking to various areas of the resort to access and clean Guest rooms, including climbing stairs
- Bilingual preferred
- One (1) year of previous Housekeeping experience
- Previous housekeeping responsibilities for 14-18 rooms a day
- Knowledgeable of basic cleaning chemicals and equipment