- This event has passed.
11/30/2021 – Peet’s Hiring for Contra Costa Locations Job Fair
November 30, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm PST
Join us at our Job Fair for an Interview!
Nov 30th from 1:00pm to 3:00pm
Peet’s Locust Street
1343 Locust Street
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Hiring for all roles in the Contra Costa area
Since 1966, we have remained dedicated to the passionate pursuit of truly distinctive quality in the cup, and everything it takes to get there. We are committed to the artisan practice of extraordinary selectivity, roasting by hand in small batches, and ensuring that every bean is meticulously fresh. Simply put, our core belief of uncompromising quality coffees and teas is the inspiration that drives everything we do.
This inspiration is reflected in six Values that ground our culture: Mastery, Authenticity, Passion, Community, Ownership and Growth. These Values apply to all Peet’s employees as part of the leading, gold-standard coffee company: Peet’s Coffee.
What You Will Do
What Does it take to be a Successful Barista?
In addition to modeling Peet’s culture and values and following policies and procedures, principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Delivers Engaging Customer Service
- Welcomes customers to store, engaging with them throughout their store experience.
- Determines customer needs by asking questions and sharing product knowledge.
- Demonstrates that customers come first by serving them with a sense of urgency.
Delivers Operational Excellence
- Provides consistent quality in the preparation of drinks and brewing of coffee and tea.
- Participates actively in training to learn new and promotional products. Continually works to expand product knowledge of coffee and tea.
- Maintains a clean and well-stocked store.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. Job responsibilities can change according to the operational needs of the business.
Who You Are
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Carry a friendly, energetic, personable demeanor and have a passion for great customer service, with a customer-first mentality.
- Exhibit a strong focus on quality with an interest in learning more about coffee.
- Be extremely reliable and punctual.
- Enjoy working in a team-environment and building great relationships with their coworkers.
- Be able to work quickly, embrace and learn new information, multi-task and incorporate feedback into personal performance.
- Have the ability to perform various physical tasks during the work shift. Click here to review the Physical Requirements for Retail Roles.